After the positive experience with table #POP1 , where we used a large format beam in almost as is condition a new world of exploration opened itself ahead of us.
We went ahead and tried to make arch style legs in a section size close to the original format but showing a cleanly finished surface condition.
This would have been a piece of cake had it not been for the fact that the beams, despite being chunky and solid, suffered substantial superficial deterioration and decarburation. Patchworking ahoy!
We removed all the flimsy areas in rectangular chunks and replaced them with identical patches coming from healthier core parts of the beam.
The main structural support of the table, which holds the legs in place and supports the massive glass tabletop is another beam from the batch that we left in raw condition, with nails and all, for a cool contrast. This was quite a challenge since the piece wasn´t square at all, which is key for accurate joining. Further contrast comes from the glossy white coated steel frame that bears the top in the centre of the table.
Legs are dismountable for easier transport.